A new purchasing aid system has opened up for Ile-de-France residents wishing to buy an electric or hydrogen vehicle.
One of the devices is aimed at individuals and the other at vehicles for professional use.
Who are eligible?
People meeting the following criteria are eligible for assistance of up to € 6,000.
- Residents of Seine-et-Marne, Yvelines, Essonne and Val-d’Oise
- And buy a car for private use (including going to work)
- And who work in the low emission zone (ZFE) inside the A68 motorway.
The aid can be used to replace a vehicle classified Crit’Air 3, 4 or 5; or an unclassified vehicle that they have owned for at least a year.
Crit’Air certificates indicate the level of air pollution that a vehicle produces, from 1 to 5, 5 being the highest score (the greatest amount of pollution).
Read more: Guide to Crit’Air stickers in France
The total cost of the new electric or hydrogen car must not exceed 40,000 €.
Residents of Argenteuil, Athis-Mons, Juvisy-sur-Orge, Morangis, Paray-Vieille-Poste, Savigny-sur-Orge and Viry-Châtillon are not eligible because they can already apply for a similar scheme managed by the Metropolis. of Greater Paris.
The amount of aid paid depends on the total household income (reference tax income, RER) divided by the number of people (‘parties’) living in the accommodation.
Individuals are eligible:
- € 6,000 if this figure is between 0 and 6,300 €
- € 5,000 if this figure is between € 6,301 and € 13,489
- € 3,000 if this figure is between € 13,490 and € 35,052
- € 1,500 if this figure is greater than € 35,052
This aid can be cumulated with other state aid, such as the ecological bonus, provided that the cumulative amount does not exceed the following ceilings:
- 80% of the total cost of the vehicle including tax for subsidies from 5,000 to 6,000 €
- 50% of the total cost of the vehicle including tax for grants of € 1,500 to € 3,000
Which professionals are eligible?
Street traders and artisans will be entitled to up to € 15,000 to buy trucks that can be turned into street shops, allowing them to travel to rural areas of France to sell goods.
Eligible businesses must have:
- Has been in existence for more than 12 months
- At least 10 employees
- Up to 2 million euros in annual turnover
- Head office located in a municipality of Ile-de-France with less than 10,000 inhabitants outside the Greater Paris Metropolis or a group of municipalities classified as EPCI (public establishment for inter-municipal cooperation) located outside Paris.
The professional or the company must undertake to use the vehicle for commercial purposes at least four days a week in one or more rural municipalities, at the latest six months after the granting of the aid.
This aid can be cumulated with other state aid, provided that the cumulative amount does not exceed 50% of the total cost of the vehicle including tax.
In this case, the amount of aid granted will be adjusted to comply with this limit.
How can I apply?
Applications from individuals and professionals can be done online by selecting the Clean vehicle assistance system option, up to three months after the purchase of a “green” vehicle.
However, vehicles purchased or ordered before the program was introduced on October 1 are not eligible.
Leased “green” vehicles are not eligible either. Only one request can be made per household or business.
The pandemic maintains the rise in French car and home insurance – until 2023
Do cars with foreign license plates need a French Crit’Air sticker?